Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day 73 - Kelly

I've stopped using last names simply because this is a google-crazy society and I'd hate for someone to stumble across my blog in an attempt to research one of the people I've written about. It's a shame, because this guy's full name is great.

Kelly moved to my high school senior year and immediately fell into a crowd closely knit with my crowd. Kelly came into my homeroom occasionally to hang out. He was amazingly nice. Even when the person he was visiting ignored me although I sit close enough to normally be involved, Kelly would involve me. He'd ask how I was and my opinion on their conversation. He was just a sweet guy.

He left a strong enough impression on me during the handful of short interactions over a year, that I was telling a new friend in college about this great kid that went to my school, named Kelly K-----. That friend was Stefanie, who went to school with Kelly until his senior year when he moved to my school. How funny is that?

That isn't the point. The point is, Kelly was a great guy. I try to remember how inclusive he was when I have the opportunity to act with the same sentiment.

1 comment:

lauren said...

Even before you gave the Stef/high school connection away, I totally knew it was him. Because he really was that nice.