Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 59 - Lindsey

Lindsey was Keith's younger sister. I don't have a sister and I don't have any younger siblings. In fact, if I was around younger kids, it was probably because I was babysitting them. So, having a younger sister around was very new. Plus, she never bothered me as much as she bothered Keith.

I remember my oldest brother's first girlfriend as the coolest girl on earth. She taught me how to put my hair in a high side pony tail and was nice to me. She would tease my brother in front of me in a way that both he and I enjoyed it. She also gave me this little stuffed raccoon when we moved away with a note about how she would miss me.

I'm pretty sure I didn't have the same effect on Lindsey, but I always wanted to. I'd go into her room and talk ith her when Keith was finishing something up or busy with his parents. I tried to stick up for her when they were fighting and occasionally tease Keith like that girl used to tease my brother. She wasn't young enough to think the world of me, but Keith said she liked me.

Lindsey was a pretty cool little sister to have around for a couple years.

No comments: