Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 60 - Lisa

Lisa was my babysitter when I was around four when we lived in New Mexico. She was the daughter of close friend and colleague of my Dad. When our parents got together, she would set me up with 'Look Who's Talking' in her room. I thought that was the coolest thing. I got to lay on her bed, in her room, with the door shut and watch my favorite movie.

When we moved to Colorado, she would send me notes and birthday cards and stickers. She was the greatest. One time, she came through town with one of her friends around Easter and gave me this huge stuffed bunny rabbit. I named him Bun Bun, as I named all my rabbits.

When I was in high school, she got married. It was the most exciting wedding I have ever been to. I don't remember how old I was, but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have been doing jell-o shots. Lisa looked really happy and now she has kids of her own. I have no doubt their mom is amazing.

Lisa is one of those people who genuinely loves kids. She goes out of her way for kids. I was lucky enough to be one of the kids she loved.

No comments: