Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 61 - Doc Marshall

Doc was beyond cool. I worked for her at her Vet Clinic for almost two years. She was a relaxed, strong, confident woman who you didn't question or want to disappoint. She was also a lot of fun. Doc could be so funny and she had the greatest smile. She comforted people with ease when necessary, but lectured pet owners on bad behavior in a way that they usually listened. Doc made a difference.

She taught me so much. Everyday I worked for her, I learned more than I thought I could take in after already sitting in classes all day. She trusted me with a lot. I loved the responsibility. It made me feel special and worthy. There were times when I was frustrated when that trust translated into me waking up almost three hours early to go work for an hour before school, or coming in alone twice a day on Sundays and holidays to walk, feed, medicate and clean up after 30 plus dogs.

In the end, I loved it. It was a huge challenge and I was proud to take it on. Doc was a fantastic role model, a great teacher, and a wonderful boss.

No comments: