Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 62 - Erich

Erich was my band buddy my sophomore year, because Tram had a crush on him. I guess it made more sense for me to be his band buddy because ... the three of us could hang out without the whole 'awkward' band buddy on band buddy crush? or maybe it was less obvious this way? I never really understood, but Erich was a cool band buddy to have. He was a charming junior trumpet player. I don't think we would have been friends at all if he hadn't been my buddy. (In case you're completely lost, upper classmen "adopted" under classmen as "buddies" to guide them through the band experience. Also, for all you non-bandies, trumpet players are usually the most confident (i.e. cocky) and popular band members)

Erich used to ask me a lot of questions I had never heard before and give my beauty advice.
Andrea, why do you always wear your hair up? It would look good down, maybe you should try styling it. It wouldn't take that much time. Andrea, do you wear make-up?You could be really pretty. Andrea, do own any skirts? You only ever wear jeans.

He would say all these things with the sweetest smile. Everyone worries about what other people think of them. With Erich, you didn't have to worry; you knew what he thought.

No comments: