Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 63 - Ryan? or Sean?

Ryan and Sean were twins in band. Enough girls in band thought they were cute that the twins began to act like they were the hottest guys around. They had cute qualties, but their attitudes turned their blue eyes into slits and their winning smiles into smirks.

Tram and I had birthdays within a few weeks of each other, so my parents would let us throw joint birthday parties at my house. On our sixteenth birthday, Linda, who shared my birthday, joined up with us and the three of us made shirts for the occassion. The day of the party we wore our shirts to school. Mine was a black/white/gray camo shirt with pink and purple puff paint on it that said such things as, "Princess Andrea" and "Sweet Sixteen." I was fashionable.

As I passed one of the twins, he snidely asked who made me a princess. I have never been good with comebacks, but I am quick to anger. At the time I knew which twin said it, and I hated him. There have been a lot of moments that contributed to my prejudice against cocky, attractive guys, but this was probably the last straw.

No comments: