Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 70 - Chrislie

Just typing Chrislie's name made me smile. She was so sweet, but not fake. She was real, she had real opinions, real mood swings, real concerns; yet, she was real sweet.

Megan drove her and I to school until I got my parking permit. Then, I drove Chrislie and Megan enjoyed going solo. Chrislie would bake cookies or brownies fairly often and they were good, really good. Even when she was in a bad mood, she got my morning started. Often, on days when I didn't need to drive her, I'd go by her house out of habit. Once I realized my mistake, the morning would seem less bright, the drive longer and all the radio stations would be non-stop talking.

She wasn't just some ditsy girl who made me laugh. Chrislie made me laugh because she was genuinely funny. She also was fiercely loyal to her friends. It was refreshing to see.

Chrislie was a fun addition to my life.

No comments: